05 November 2005

 

9. Postcards from Paradise

Atlanta H4 - 23 August 2003

An intimate look at an intimate event: Personal musings on the Lingerie Hash


To: Non-Atlanta Person
From: Happy Hasher

Dear Non-Atlanta:
Here’s a postcard showing Little 5 Points. It’s one of the areas we ran though yesterday while we were all gloriously decked out in lingerie. L5P is a popular “alternative” hangout where you find lots of piercings and tattoos. When you can get THOSE people to stop and stare, you KNOW you’re doing something right.

Love,
Happy


To: Friend@email.com
From: GratifiedHasher@email.com
Subject: Lingerie Hash

Hey. We had a blast. The stares we got were priceless. On average, there was a beer stop every 3/4 mile, so if you factor in the bar ending, we were basically drinking for almost 5 straight hours. If we ever have another one, I’m drinking more and wearing less.

-Gratified


To: Non-HasherFriend@email.com
From: Feel-GoodHasher@email.com

Hey. Thanks for the advice. That fabric felt really good. It’s so much more comfortable to run in a nightie than it is to run in shorts and a t-shirt. By the way, I found that store that sells at lingeriemart.com It’s up 400, and close to where I’m looking for a house. What luck!

Oh, and those poor families in Virginia Highlands didn’t know what hit them. The best was the moms that pulled their children close, in a feeble attempt to shield them from the approaching horror. Ha.

-FGH


To: Mr. Uptight
From: Mr. Uptight Junior

Dear Father:
I have something to tell you that may sound shocking. I have decided to wear women’s clothing from now on. All the time. I didn’t tell you earlier, but the Red Dress Run that we were fighting about a few months ago was what started it. Well, we just had a Lingerie Hash here, and it convinced me that I’m just not happy in men’s clothing.

The run started at a public transportation parking lot. I was a little nervous at first, but as more people appeared with their silky apparel, the more at-ease I became. We wound our way through two popular areas in Atlanta. I felt so alive and free. The more people who saw us, the more excited I got. And the happier I got. I met people who didn’t know the “male” side of me, and they accepted me just the same. The homeowners and their friends at two of the “beer stops” were a great example. They weren’t even hashers, and some of them dressed up, too.

I now realize what has been bothering me all these years: I’m just not comfortable with the life I’m leading. It feels like a lie. I knew I was ready to make the leap when I went from the patio at the bar to the men's bathroom. I was by myself, and had my nightie on. Yeah, I got some looks, but I didn't care. It was one of the proudest moments of my life.

I have started purchasing clothing that I’ve always wanted to wear. I got so many good ideas at the Hash, and now I’ll get to try all of them out. Beautiful bras, sheer stockings, slinky slips… as far from the shirt-and-tie world as I can get. No matter what I wear, I’m still your son. I pray I have your support.

-Your Loving Son


To: Mr. Uptight Junior
From: Mr. Uptight
Re: Your life

Dear Son:
I always knew Atlanta was not the best place for you, and now I’m sure of it. Please do not make this mistake. You were not raised this way. A man wearing women’s undergarments is absolutely not acceptable. Whether in public or in the privacy of your home. Ever. I will not have a son that embarrasses the family this way. If you go through with your decision, I just want you to know that I have every intention of taking you out of my will.

-Your Father


To: Mr. Uptight
From: Mr. Uptight Junior
Re: Your decision

Dad:
Bite me.
-UJ



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?