05 November 2005

 

27. Random Ravings: A Greensboro/Charlotte Weekend

G-Spot H3/Charlotte H3 - 6 March 2004 to 7 March 2004

Yeah, this is a week late. I had stuff to do. Anyway, I had a couple people ask me last weekend and this weekend in Fayettenam whether it was worth the 10-hour round trip to do G-Spot on March 6th. I’m pretty crappy at math, but maybe some numbers would help. Here are some things that happened that weekend, and the number of minutes I would drive to do them again. If it works out to 10 hours, it was worth it.

Getting the hell out of Atlanta: 90

Driving to the start in MC and Whiner’s motor home: 30

Just the simple act of adding to a hash turnout: 50
In attendance on this sunny day were Buck (the hare), Cornholio, MC, Silence, Steel, Boob, Scaf, and some moronic road-whore.

Pre-trail pre-lube in parking lot: 20

Finding that first mark: (negative 20)
The GPS said I had run a mile and a half before finding first mark. The jury’s out on whether we overlooked it, or the crafty hare was hiding until we passed by. We did find old flour while on the search, though. Playing Hash Archaeologist is always fascinating.

Getting to do the tunnel under I-40: 20

The overall trail: 60
I heard a comment at one point that Buck had laid a Trash trail in Greensboro. That can’t be a bad thing.

Witnessing the creative use of an abandoned washing machine: 10
It was a hiding spot for the beer at the second beer stop.

PBR/Beast taste test: 10
It was either Beast or Beast Light. PBR won by a landslide.

Circle: 50
I went from sober to highly unsober in about a half hour. Too many down-downs for the out-of-towner. And yes, I sewed the G-Spot 100 patch on my bib all by myself.

All you can eat asian buffet: 40
I’ve never been to an asian buffet with all-you-can-eat sushi. I was a little apprehensive at first, but then the rest of the beer kicked in. Drinking a half bottle of wine was the beginning of MC’s downfall.

Red Breast withdrawls: (negative 60)
You can’t be a Whipping Boy without a Diva.

The rest of the night at MC and Whiners: 120
Everyone ended up back at the house, except for Silence, who apparently had more important things to do than get drunk. And drunk we got. Thanks again for the crash space.

Remaining undefeated at darts after two trips to MC and Whiner’s: 40

Getting to laugh at MC as she suffered through her horrific hangover in the morning: Priceless.

The Charlotte hash and On-After, March 7: 150

Well, I’m already over and I’m not even done. So there you have it. Road-whoring from Atlanta to G-Spot is worth it, especially if you have crash space, can laugh at drunk people and can swing by Charlotte on the way home. Thanks to all for keeping your humble visitor entertained.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

As for the afternoon in Charlotte, Miss C already took care of the Hash Trash duties, albeit from the eyes of a hare. Well, the day was pretty much the same for the hounds: stellar.

This was my sixth Charlotte trail, and the first one where I got my feet wet. This one had the best turnout by far.

Yes, we almost got kicked out of the bar at the On-After because of our Acceptable Hash Behavior. But apparently, AHB is not acceptable when some clueless parents bring their CHILDREN to a bar to have a birthday party. OK, so it’s settled. Hashers have more brains than some non-hashers.

Finally, let’s talk about those virgins for a second. To be honest, Just Kay reminded me of me on my virgin day. Sort of wide-eyed, quiet and just taking it all in. But you can tell the Hasher in her is just waiting to come out. I’m assuming that isn’t going to be a problem in Charlotte. On the flip side, there’s Just Tony. He was obviously born a Hasher. Holy Mother of God, people. Did anyone else see him in the middle of the circle waiting for his down-down? Before we even started singing, he:
1. Drained the cup in his hand
2. Reached down for another cup and drained that, and
3. Reached down for yet another cup.
Now that’s a dedicated drinker.

Until next time,
On Out

I love beer.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?